Pages

8.31.2010

So far, so good

When my husband and I decided to homeschool our oldest again this year, I wanted to try out the Florida Virtual School. I had been doing quite a bit of research and thought this was just what she needed to keep her motivated throughout the year. I had been interested in enrolling her during previous year, but it was not available.

This year, it was.

Y'all... this schooling is HARD! I had no idea how much work was involved and how long it would take.

I think the education she was getting at home prior to this year was pretty darn good and we didn't do NEAR the amount of work she has to do this year. We are only on our 2nd full week of school and I am exhausted! I don't have time to do anything anymore. I mean it's not like I ever had time to prop my feet up and eat bon-bons all day before, but now... I couldn't even if I wanted to!

I will admit that today went MUCH smoother than last Monday. That was a doozie! We fell behind in her assignments all week, but she was a trooper and finished them all up on Sunday. She told me she didn't want to start out the week having overdue lessons. *good girl*

That is one of the positives of this virtual schooling... accountability. It's there all right! Emails, live lessons, phone calls... They make sure you stay on track for sure!

She likes it and she is doing very well. So far, so good. :)

0 people had something to say: