Pages

11.30.2010

Long time coming

I did something today that I have needed to do for quite sometime.

I joined Weight Watchers Online.

Online, because I don't have the nerve yet to go to an actual class AND because with Chris being gone, online will be easier.

I am...
  • nervous
  • excited
  • happy
  • overwhelmed
... all wrapped up into a little package.

It's been a long time since I have been on a diet. The last time being in 2004 when I stared the Atkins low-carb diet. I dropped 75 lbs in 6 mths and then met my husband. I gained it all back plus some within a year.

I was so mad at myself. How could I let myself go again like that?

Then I got pregnant. Then I got pregnant AGAIN.

Which brings me to now.

My "baby" is now 3 and I can no longer blame my weight on "having just given birth".

I am anxiously awaiting a new scale that I ordered online from Wal-Mart. Chris went to the store to pick it up tonight and it was about $20 MORE than the price online. What a rip off! I ended up ordering the scale instead with free shipping and it will be here next week.

I officially started my diet tonight. I will officially weigh in next week.

I will take all the prayers I can get with this journey. I NEED to lose weight. I need to lose it for my husband, my children, and my family. But most importantly I need to lose it for myself.

2 people had something to say:

Wendy said...

Okay, I'll just say it: Dieting sucks. I feel like I've spent my whole life on a diet. Blech.

Now, about your etsy shop... Don't forget to put your shop widget here on your blog! Yes, I'm checking up on you. And?

Casey said...

Yes it does suck. Bad. I feel like I have been on a diet forever as well, but nothing seems to work. I'm really hoping I have some success with this one.

Etsy shop... yes ma'am. Making a button ASAP.