Pages

8.17.2009

Fried PC for breakfast anyone?


Anyone??

I didn’t think so.

I didn’t either… but that’s just what I got last week. A broken and battered PC that just was too lazy to start up. I worked on it for days… nothing came up.. just a black screen. Not too big a deal since we have another computer, my husband’s laptop to be exact, but ALL the kids pics were on my PC.

I mean thousands of pictures of my kids. And hundreds of pictures of my bows I used to make. Not to mention all of Caitlin’s school work that I just finished downloading but hadn’t finished printing out yet, my budgeting and office software… everything!

Needless to say, I was upset.

Last Monday was not good.

Not good at all.

PC fried.

I am thinking it’s the hard drive. It is 6 year old, of course, so I did get my money’s worth out of it. I am actually kind of surprised that it last this long. When I first got my PC, the hard drive fried within 6 months. Luckily it was still under warranty so they just sent me a new one.

This time though… I am not so lucky.

By Tuesday morning I had lost all hope of getting all my stuff off the fried PC.

By Tuesday night though… I was determined to NOT let my childrens’ pictures be lost forever.

Wouldn’t you know it… my PC came on!! My husband and I quickly began savings everything we could to the many flash drives we have until we could find our external hard drive. (it was still packed up from the move)

We found it and were able to back up my entire PC hard drive!!! I was so excited and relived.

I thought maybe, just maybe I will still be able to use the computer since it did, after all, stay on all night.

No such luck. When the PC re-booted after the back-up…. black screen again.




0 people had something to say: