Pages

5.26.2010

Enchilada chicken

Now this is not to be confused with chicken enchiladas. Which, by the way, I happen to LOVE. My kids, not so much.

I know. They are weirdos.

So I made this instead. I saw a recipe in my latest Woman’s Day for a slow cooker chicken dish that used enchilada sauce, chili powder and orange marmalade along with a slew of other ingredients.

I do not like orange marmalade.

I know. I’m a weirdo.

So I thought… why not just make the chicken with out the marmalade and make into a Mexican type thing instead of sweet. WOW. It was delish.

Here’s what I did. Oh but how ‘bout a picture first??



There… that’s better.

Enchilada Chicken

2 –3 pounds of skinless chicken (I used legs and thighs. Boneless skinless breast would work too)

1 can of enchilada sauce (I used mild cause I’m a wimp when it comes to spicy food)

1 Tablespoon onion powder

1 Tablespoon garlic powder

Cilantro

Salt and pepper to taste

I used a big baking dish for all this chicken. SPRAY your dish with non-stick. Trust me OK. :)

Place your chicken in the pan and pour the sauce all over the chicken, use about 1/2 a can of water to get all the sauce out. Then sprinkle the remaining ingredients over the chicken. Turn to coat well. Cover and bake. (I baked at 425 because my chicken was still a little frozen and I was in a hurry. Just use whatever temp you use to bake chicken. To each his own) Remove foil and continue cooking until the outside is nice and crispy and brown.

Next I make this I’m going to go skinless and maybe add a can of tomatoes and top it with cheese. Delish!

My pickiest eater proclaimed she did not want to eat this. But when I put it in front of her, she gobbled it right up! She finished the chicken before anything else.

0 people had something to say: