Pages

4.06.2009

Week Ending 04/04/09

We did pretty well this week. Not too many groceries. We did make a trip to the wholesale club to stock up on butter, eggs, hot dogs and trash bags. Out of the total for the week, that trip alone accounted for $36.00, but we did get 150 garbage bags for about 7 bucks after the coupons. Awesome deal!

Total for the week

Shelf Price $134.00
Price Paid $60.00
Amount Saved $73.00

That is a savings of 55%

We are slowly inching our way to the $50 budget per week I would love to have in place. This week we will be doing inventory and packing up some of the stockpile. Whatever is close to to expiration date or we don't want, we are donating.

I want to get rid of the "Helper" meals and the rice mixes. We had a yellow rice mix the other night and I thought I was dying afterward. I looked the the ingredient list and what do you know it had MSG in it. MSG and I don't agree. Have you ever noticed how much stuff has MSG in it!! OMG!! TONS of stuff.

Don't buy it just because it's cheap if it has MSG... lesson learned.

0 people had something to say: