Pages

12.21.2010

So thankful

If you haven't noticed by now, I'll let you in on a little secret.

I COMPLAIN A LOT!

I complain on here because I have no one else to discuss things with. Being a trucker's wife is a very lonely thing. And when that trucker drives teams and is on the night shift, it tends to be even more lonely.

This my complaint box.

But it is also my praise box. The place I like to write down what I am truly thankful for, so that I never forget.

This is one of those times where I will praise rather than complain.

Right now, I love the company my husband works for.

A lot of people don't.

BUT that's OK because it works for us. (at the moment)

I know there is no such thing as the perfect trucking company. I knew that going in. We both did. What sets this company apart, I think, is the fact that they actually try to be as accurate as possible.

He has had one error on his pay sheet in the time he has been there. It was corrected the following week.

His paycheck from his previous carrier had an error on nearly every check. 2-3 weeks to get corrected as well.

Not cool.

The place he works at now pay detention pay.

Previous carrier. Nada.

Now? Prepass.

Previous? Had to request toll money, got charged. Withdraw money from ATM, got charged. Lucky if he ever saw his toll money reimbursed.

What I am getting at is that when he lost his job back in July, I freaked. I cried. I was so upset.

I should have been on my knees praying to God thanking Him for His blessing.

2 people had something to say:

Todd McCann said...

I'm glad to hear that the new company is working out for Chris. As he gets more experience, he'll discover that even better companies are out there if he chooses to pursue them.

As for the complaining, I discovered something a while back. I got in a funk that just wouldn't seem to end. Rather than drag all my online friends through it, I dropped off Twitter. About a week and a half later, I came back to Twitter. I wasn't quite over my funk yet, but I found out an interesting thing. No one was thanking me for sparing them my constant whining. On the contrary, everyone was saying, "Hey, vent all you want. That's what we're here for."

Turns out that people do care and that having people to vent to (even online) is one of the reasons we are all online. So, while I'm glad to see you have a happy blog post, don't hesitate to dump your frustrations on here. You may even try dumping on Twitter more often. Ugh. That just sounds dirty.

Todd McCann
https://twitter.com/ToddMcCann
http://abouttruckingjobs.wordpress.com

fltruckerwife said...

He is "doing his time" so to speak with a training company as you know. We are continuously looking for other companies. He talks to other drivers if he is interested in a certain company. I feel we are definitely doing our homework while he is still in this newbie stage.

Well you know I have dropped off twitter and blogging, sometimes for months at a time. I feel like I am being a whiner and no one really gives a crap so I just keep my mouth quiet. I don't really like doing that. It's depressing. I get short tempered with my kids and for some strange reason, I get very envious of other people.

One of my New Year's resolution will be to speak out more. Oh and to get more people to comment than just you. Not that I don't like reading your comments. I just would like to hear what other people have to say as well. :)