Pages

6.16.2009

1st EVER Menu Plan Monday



Last night I proclaimed at dinner that I HATE dinner time.

(Not the best choice of words in front of my kids, I know)

Even when I have things prepared ahead of time, it seems like it still takes me forever and a day to get dinner on the table. Once I do have dinner ready, it’s like herding cats trying to get everyone to sit down, get drinks, silverware and napkins.

Before we moved in here last month, we hadn’t eaten a family dinner at a dining table in over 3 years. Sad, I know. But I kinda got used to eating on the couch and just getting up to get something that I needed.

Sitting at the table is different. Once I sit at the table, I like to be done getting up and running after things. Because of this I have started to plan out my weekly meals. I haven’t ever posted them, mainly because they haven’t been helping with the stress level at dinner time.

This week, it’s GOING to be different. I am not going to get stressed at dinner. I will have things ready when it’s time to eat, and we will NOT be eating at 8:30 or 9:00 at night. Not happeningno way, no how.

Here is what I came up with for this week’s menu plan. You can see more menu’s over at orgjunkie.com.

Monday – Slow cooker Pork tenderloin, lentils, rice and Quaker bonnet biscuits (recipe at CooksCountry.com)

Tuesday – Cubed steak with onions, olives and tomatoes, black beans, rice and homemade tortillas

Wednesday – Pigs in a blanket, broccoli and black eyed peas

Thursday – Creamed chicken (double batch), rice, green beans and homemade bread

Friday – Baked fish, buttered noodles and mixed veggies with any leftover bread from the week

Saturday – Creamed chicken bake (2nd batch of creamed chicken, add frozen mixed veggies and bake, then top with mashed potatoes, cheese and french fried onions, bake until bubbly) Soooo yummy and makes enough for leftovers -  Homemade rolls

Sunday – Pancakes and sausage for late breakfast and leftovers, pigs in a blanket or sandwiches for dinner

So there it is. I’ll let you know how it went. Wish me luck!!

0 people had something to say: