Pages

6.16.2009

Just wanted some milk but got something else...

I am beginning to think I just need to stay inside the house ALL. THE. TIME. I am either EXTREMELY clumsy oooorrrrrr cursed. Take your pick. Right now, they seem about dead even. The outside light on our building has been out for about a week. We have alerted the condo association, but of course, nothing has been done yet.

Last night we needed milk and flour and some other things from the wall to wall mart. So we set out about 10 pm. That is my favorite time to go there since there are not many people in the store at that time. Chris got the youngin’s loaded up and I was finishing gathering up some coupons for the trip.

It had been raining ALL day and it was dark to boot. Well… you know me… Miss Graceful.. I just had to trip and fall on the very last step before getting to the car. O.M.G. I thought My foot broke off. I was in soooo much pain. I broke this same ankle when I was a senior in high school and had to have Orthoscopic surgery on it to repair the damage done to my cartlidge. All I could think about was having to go thru that again. Oh the pain.

But I haven’t mentioned that I am also VERY hard headed. But I like to call it “strong willed”. That just sounds better. There was no way I was going to the ER at 10 pm at night. I could just see all the banged up people in there… and then my kids wondering around asking people “What’s wrong with you??”. No way, no how was I doing that. OK then… we will get up in the morning and go. First thing.  Anyone who has 3 kids, 2 of them being toddlers, knows how hard it is to get going in the morning. Especially when mom can’t walk. We didn’t even get tot he ER until 3:45 in the afternoon.

There was all of 2 people in the ER and I went straight back to see a Dr. which was wonderful. I thought… Awesome… I’ll be in and out of here in like an hour. 3 hours and umpteen X-Rays later I am finally released. No broken bones. Thank God. Just a really bad sprain. Bed rest for 5 days and an appointment with an Orthopedist. There is a chance it may still be broken but just not shown up on the X-Rays.

I just wanted milk, but now I have a brand new shiny pair of crutches.

I will NOT be asking “What could happen next?”.

I don’t dare.

0 people had something to say: