Pages

6.22.2009

Menu Plan Monday

This whole week has been planned out with only the items I have on hand at the moment. We really don’t need to go to the grocery store during for anything except maybe milk and butter.

There are a few things that didn’t get made last week. I totally forgot that last Wednesday was our anniversary so I didn’t want pigs in a blanket for that special dinner. We ended up having Shrimp and Pineapple Stir-Fry. It was so yummy.

I ended up making beef stroganoff with the cubed steak instead of having it with the rice and beans. Let me just tell you, it was AWESOME! I got the recipe from a VERY old GoodHousekeeping recipe book that used to belong to my mother. The pictures are classic 70’s colors and I love using it. I have nice memories of my mother and I cooking from that book. :)

This week’s menu plan looks like this.

Monday – Meatloaf, three-cheese potato bake, broccoli and leftover homemade bread

Tuesday – Chicken noodle casserole, green beans, carrots and Puerto Rican bread

Wednesday – Polynesian meatballs (with homemade meatballs) over rice and a green salad

Thursday – Stuffed burgers,  oven roasted potatoes and carrots

Friday – Baked fish, packaged noodle mix, green beans and rolls

Saturday – BBQ chicken, bacon and onion pizza braid and a green salad

Sunday – Creamed chicken over rice (bumped from last week), carrots, lima beans and potato rolls

So there ya have it. I hope to stay on this menu all week since last week I had to rearrange a little. You can see more menu’s over at orgjunkie.com.

0 people had something to say: