Pages

3.19.2009

Apartment hunting....

When Christian was on his way back from the store this morning, he saw a sign. It said "Move in special! $1.00 moves you in!!". Well I was always told by my mother, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." So of course that's what I tell him.

But then I got to thinking..

what if...

what if we can move for only a buck. We have been needing to move from this small apartment for a couple of years and we just keep putting it off. It wouldn't hurt to at least call and ask about it.

They were very nice. The lady assured me that, yes, indeed a single dollar could move you in. That covers the application fee, $50.00 for EACH adult and our security deposit, $250. That's great for this part of town. Usually places ask for security deposit equal to first and last month's rent, so 1 little dollar is sounding REALLY good.

The place is only 2 complexes down from us so it's on the very same road. Love that! She told me the prices of them next. Ouch. I then had to call our apartment and find out what our rent is going to at the end of next month. Double ouch.

Actually there isn't that much difference really. Only about $100. Which is totally doable. Oh AND they cover the water and our electric bill would go down about $100. So there ya go... I made up the difference. Works for me.

I didn't even mention the best part of all....

It's 3 bedrooms. 3. I get my own room again. YAY! Not to mention it's also 500 sq ft bigger!! We rushed to go take a peek. It's so nice. Big rooms, a screened patio, new appliances and a washer and dryer. Lovely. And 2 full baths.

Ooooohhhhh I hope we can get in there.

We will know tomorrow.

Crossing fingers.

0 people had something to say: