Pages

3.23.2009

No. More. Overspending. Amen.

For years Christian and I have battled with finances. We played the blame game. He would spend money without telling me and I would get mad and blame him for the money trouble. I would spend money and he would quietly blame me.

See, Christian is a quiet guy. We are opposites, plain and simple. I know he would be blaming me in his head, but the words never really came out of his mouth.

But I knew he was thinking it. I just knew it.

Maybe it my feeling of guilt, maybe it was the looks he gave. I don't know. What I do know. is that it doesn't happen anymore. :)

I knew deep down inside it was my spending that was putting us over each month and I hated that feeling. Still do.

One of the biggest things for me to organize was our finances. Less than 1 month ago we had no clue how to budget. We didn't know just exactly how much we had to work with each month. We were constantly paying late and that meant late charges. Late charges really add up!! I figured we were paying roughly $200 a yr on late charges alone. I don't know about you, but I can think of lots better ways to spend 200 bucks than on late charges.

I know I mentioned in a previous post how I bought "You Need a Budget". I love this program. It's so simple yet so powerful. Now for some people, maybe they can keep track of everything coming in and going out, but obviously I couldn't. This program has truly saved me.

I am keeping track of things like never before. I know exactly how much I can spend on groceries before I leave the house. I know exactly how much is going to be leftover each month. It works. It really does. No more feeling guilty for overspending because there is no more overspending. Amen.

1 people had something to say:

Wendy said...

Okay, this is not exactly a comment related to your post... I found a website that's pretty cool and one of her posts talks about making your own cleaning supplies and how much money you can save by doing it. Here's the link if you want to check it out:
http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/2007/08/various-recipes-for-green-cleaning.html

I'm going to try making some of these things as soon as I get the supplies. Gotta save those pennies! Or in this case, dollars!