Pages

1.07.2011

Happy New Year!

New year, new beginnings.

Isn't that great? We get to start over. We get to do things this year that we didn't have time for last year.

I am resolving this year to be a better parent.

I tend to get into a funk right after Chris leaves to go back on the road. I cry and whine and act like a baby. I want to lay in bed and just forget that I won't see the father of my children for at least 5 weeks.

It's depressing, and not just for me. For my kids too.

I don't want to do that this year.

On another note... what is up with Twitter lately.

There have been such harsh words written towards people recently. Have people become so out of touch with reality that they forget that there really is another human being on the other side of the monitor?

I'm not pointing fingers because I am not perfect. But I do know that what you put online for the world to see, will in fact be seen. Good or bad. And I also know that what a person types in 140 characters or less can have a profound effect on the way they are perceived by others.

The last few days have made me reconsider even having a twitter account that has anything to do with trucking. Not only have I been offended by some of the things said, my heart hurts for those people making the ugly comments.

We as Christians are blessed by the Fruit of the Holy Spirit.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Galatians 5:22-23, KJV


What we as Christians say does leave a lasting impression on others, whether they are Christian or not. Shouldn't we, at all times, be trying to show others what it's like to be a Christian?

0 people had something to say: